Open RPMSG File
RPMSG files are used to store e-mail messages in encrypted format. E-mail messages in RPMSG files could not be opened without decryption by software designed for it. But even after decryption RPMSG file could not be read by everyone. Only designated recipients are allowed to view a message encoded inside the RPMSG file. Microsoft Outlook software which is the primary software which uses this format can decode the RPMSG file and recognize and enforce permissions. If you receive an RPMSG file and on the recipients list, then you will be able to view what is inside it. If you are not on the permission list, you will not be able to open it. Besides viewing permissions RPMSG file restricts forwarding and copying permissions.
The best software to view RPMSG file is Microsoft Outlook. You can either download it as part of Microsoft 365 or Microsoft 365 subscriptions. When you receive a message in RPSMG format Microsoft Outlook automatically parses it and enforces viewing and forwarding permissions encoded in it.
If you do not want to install Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Office 365 software, you can still view RPMSG files online by going to outlook.com and signing in with your corporate account (the one which has permissions to view the RPMSG file). Another way to view RPMSG file is to download Microsoft Azure Information Protection client. This tool allows viewing RPMSG encrypted messages and files by using your corporate account and without the need of Microsoft Outlook. Still, in order to use this tool you will need to either sign in or create RMS (rights management service) account with Microsoft Azure in accordance with "User Guide: View protected files with the Azure Information Protection unified labeling client".
RPMSG files are stores as compound binary files and are not plain text. You cannot view them with text editor and only specialized software described above can open RPMSG files.
Open RPMSG File on Windows Operating System
- Find a RPMSG file in question in Windows OS File Explorer and double click on it to launch the correpsonding application.
- If a RPMSG file is not opened in an application and you instead get a "Windows can't open a file" error message you should try looking for an application which can open the file in question.
- If you know the application which can open RPMSG file then run it and see if there is a File->Open main menu option in the application.
- If you don't know the application which can open RPMSG file then try to search for "RPMSG wiki", "application to open RPMSG file" or "open RPMSG file" queries in the search engine you like.
- Install the application you found and check if it can open RPMSG file
Rate RPMSG file page: 5/5 based on 28 ratings
Populating this website with information and maintaining it is an ongoing process. We always welcome feedback and questions that can be submitted by visiting Contact Us page. However since there are many users visiting this website and because our team is quite small we may not be able to follow up personally on every request. Thank you for your understanding.
For more general information about how to open RPMSG files, file extension rpmsg and registry you can read one of the following articles:
- Windows registry - Windows registry is included in modern Windows operating systems to replace the older INI files which also contained system configuration. Let's concentrate on the structure and purpose of Windows System Registry, review some possible attacks to it and ways to avoid them...
- Folders, files and paths - Files are the entries or information stored on your computer. These are represented by binary coding and written on the tracks on a disk. Files are often represented by distinct icons, a normal practice done by Microsoft with their products including system files for their series of operating systems...
- What are file extensions? - File extensions are unnoticed yet are very crucial parts of the computer world. But many are still unaware of the basic foundation and principles behind the remarkable wonders of computers...